Thursday, February 10, 2011

Princess Silhouette Shirt

Here is another shirt I did for my niece for her upcoming birthday.

I originally saw this idea on the Honey Scrap blog. I had my hubby create an outline of Cinderella for me and opened it in my Silhouette. Then I cut the fabric...with my Silhouette! And I didn't even buy that ridiculously expensive fabric interfacing that Silhouette sells. I just used some plain ol' fusible web! I learned some things though when cutting the fabric. The settings I used were speed of 3 and thickness of 33 with the pink tip, put the fabric against the cutting mat so that the paper backing of the fusible web is facing up, and to double cut! I didn't double cut on one of the pieces and ended up having to cut it out with scissors (it cut through the paper and adhesive but not the fabric).
The black is a knit so no worries about fraying and the blue headband piece is satin. I was going to do a tight zig-zag stitch but totally forgot until after I had started, so I just treated the edges with some Fray Check. The jewel is totally hot glued on. I've yet to have anything that I hot glued onto clothing come out in the wash. E-6000 holds up great in the wash, but it also makes the finish on the back of the gems crackle. Weird.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! We are going to Disney in January and I am going to try to make one of these for each of my little girls. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version! Thanks for linking back to my blog;)

    ReplyDelete